Blood Bowl Chaos Renegades


Hello! I spent the month of March 2021 in an unusual state of hobby focus, painting models for one single project without distraction. Usually I would flit between projects, models and ideas on a weekly, daily or hourly basis, but this project got me so energised that I couldn't think of anything else!

I've been thinking of painting a Chaos Renegade team for Blood Bowl for a little while, patiently waiting for the right models at the right price to appear on ebay. In February and the beginning of March the stars aligned and the bits and pieces I had were bulked out until I realised that I was ready to go. 

Renegades are, for me, the quintessential BB team. Tons of character on the pitch and loads of fun options for a hobby project. I actually do have one more figure to paint for this team - the chainsaw wielding wizard - and I wouldn't mid a model for Hakflem too. 

I've got a taste for mixed teams now and I'm lining up projects for the Old World Alliance and Underworld rosters next. Tier 2 weirdos all the way!

The full team is above and below are snaps of the figures a bit closer up. Cheers!

Squiggy the Squiq, team mascot and ball boy alongside some tokens for tracking score/rerolls/etc and the team's Ogre. The ogre was the first model I painted and I gave him snazzy Rodman-esque leopard pattern hair, which is not visible in this photo. Sorry!

A renegade lineman, the orc bruiser and (new for the new edition) the renegade thrower.

Snips the ratman, an aspiring lineman and a dirty little goblin shit.

A couple of linemen who have already received gifts from the team patron, in the form of a tentacle arm and some full body weirdness. The third lineman jealously waits for his mutation.

Two more lineman shitbags and the team's star acquisition - a witch elf all the way from Naggaroth.


This is what the fans pay to see. Carnage personified. You have to give the fans what they want.


Comments

Popular Posts