A miscellany of cool stuff!

 Hello!

I've got some photos here of a few odds and ends from the last few weeks or so. Some gaming, some painting and hobby stuff, none particularly connected to one another and photographed badly with my less than stellar phone. Let's see what we have!


At some point I painted a fourth weirdo to go with the League of Bastards. He is called The Thing. No one knows his real name because his stretched neck has destroyed his voice. The only sound he makes now is a shrill whine when excited. As with the rest, this is mainly Perry Miniatures bits with a couple of odd tentacles.


This guy is going to go with my glossy chaos warband as a unit leader. The mount is an old Citadel Cold One and the rider is a Citadel skeleton with a his face replaced with a beastly skull. Not sure where the banner is from, it was in my bits box and fits nicely here. Current status is: unpainted.
 


The same day I put the cold one rider together I also put this guy together. My friend Matthew gave me a model that was ok but I though could make a good chaotic marauder with a couple of alterations. A new head, some trousers and a new weapon later, and he is ready to join the warband. 
Current status: half painted!



Next up is an old Citadel gnome, sculpted by Aly Morrison I believe. Given to me and painted quickly, I am a fan of his wonky face and stumpy legs. I looked him up to see if I could pick up any similar models but they don't seem easy to come by so he will probably be a lone gnome. He will go in the misc adventurers case and maybe one day go dungeon diving with his friends.


Dropping down to 10mm, I've had a few games of Warmaster with Bill. My skeletons have been beaten by his elves, orcs, chaos and dwarves now, so I clearly need to improve my tactics. They were fun games in any case, and I'm sure I get that first W soon. 



Moving on to a game I can sometimes win, Blood Bowl! I have added a pair of star players to the Chaos Renegades, Helmut Wulf above and Hakflem below. Helmut is represented here by the old Citadel chainsaw wielding wizard. Chainsaws in BB are cool and it is a cool model so that was all the motivation needed for that one. Hakflem is available for Renegades in the new edition and a beefed up gutter runner could be extremely useful for this team. He is fast, mobile and can grab the ball and he isn't too expensive. I am looking forward to getting him on the pitch.


The 3rd edition Hakflem model is fab and this will be my second version as I also have him in my Skaven team's colours.


The new BB league has started and I went with the Renegades so it might not be too long before those stars get a game. I face the commissioner's Necromantic team in the first game and snagged a 1-1 draw, which was more than I was expecting. It could have even been a win were it not for my opponent's desperate cage diving ghoul making a 6+ dodge to get to the ball carrier, and then a double pow on a two dice uphill blitz. If it had failed (which it flipping well should have), my guys would have been celebrating a famous victory in the end zone. Team name, by the way: Stinkweasel Village.


I've also had a couple of opportunities for some casual Blood Bowl, including this chilly game of sevens during the spring. I've played sevens twice now and I don't know how much I like it. It doesn't particularly resemble Blood Bowl and it might be a bit too short really. I'll have to try it again soon.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to crack on with a few more projects and take some snaps of them soon, including 15mm Middle Earth, 15mm Ottomans and Lithuanians, 10mm undead and 28mm fantasy humans, plus all the various unfinished BB teams, and odds and sods in the toy soldier cupboard.

Byee!


Comments

Popular Posts